Payroll Interface Setup
Most RPOWER payroll interfaces use similar scripting mechanisms and conventions. Use the following procedure to implement a payroll interface:
- RPOWER must be stamped for the payroll interface.
- Each job defined in RPOWER (
Job Setup) must reference the appropriate
External payroll ID code, supplied by the payroll processor.
- Each employee defined in RPOWER (
Employee Setup) must reference the appropriate
Payroll ID, also supplied by the payroll processor.
- A processor-specific extraction script must exist in the winrun directory, eg ADP.rps, PayServe.rps.
- A text file named PAYROLL.rpl (rpower script list) must exist in the winrun directory. This file must contain at least one line calling the appropriate extraction script, e.g. PayServe.rps. (Note that this call is case sensitive).
- For a daily extraction to occur automatically during close day, a text file named POSTCLS.rpl must exist in the winrun directory and must contain at least one line calling the appropriate extraction script. (Again, this call is case sensitive).
Execution of either RPOWER payroll report, (
Employee Time Clock or
Pay Period Time Clock will cause RPOWER to populate PRP.dbf ((P)ay(R)oll (P)osting history) with the output of the report, while also printing it. PRP.dbf will later be used by RPOWER as the source file for the extraction.
The extraction script may then be manually executed for testing purposes by navigating to
Manager Functions, touching Run Script, and entering the name of the script (ADP, PayServe, etc.).
An output file will be created in \RPOWER\Exports\ProcessorName, over-writing any existing file. A copy of the file will also be created in \RPOWER\Exports\ProcessorName\Archive.
- Note: Depending upon the specific extraction script, the location and name of the export file may be different than the above. Edit the processor specific script to determine the name and location of the export file.
Execution of the
Pay Period Time Clock report will automatically run the extraction script referenced in PAYROLL.rpl.