Configuring RPOWER for Dashboard
Clean up existing data folders
and delete any files found. Don't worry if the folder does not exist, RPOWER will create it if necessary during the data export process.
Set up Consolidation Group
The consolidation group (CG) is a number used by the SQL engine to either uniquely identify a store, or, in a multi-store environment, to define a group of stores for consolidation.
In the case of a single store, the consolidation group is the store's serial number (the first three or four digits of the store's site code). In a multi-store environment, the consolidation group will be the serial number of one of the stores designated for consolidation, contact RPOWER support for help designating the CG.
Navigate to Manager, System Setup, System Information, More Options...
and in the
Reports Database consolidation group field, enter the consolidation group and Save. Upon exit, activity will be noticed as RPOWER assigns Master ID's (MIDs) throughout the database.
Reset Export Flags
Export flags indicate to the system whether or not each database MID has been exported. Resetting export flags sets those flags, ensuring that all MIDs will be exported during the next export session. Navigate to Manager, System Status and bring up the hidden panel (contact RPOWER support for help). Click Reset Export Flags.
Export Flags Reset prompt click OK.
DATACNX.ini supplies RPOWER with data export parameters.
and edit or create
DATACNX.ini to reflect:
[Setup] Server=Filesvr ExportAllTC=0 ExportTICKET_SALES=1 ExportTICKET_ITEMS=1 IntradayMinutes=15
Filesvr is replaced by the name or IP address of the system file server.
IntradayMinutes is an optional parameter and may be omitted, in which case the SQL database will be updated on a daily basis only, during close day. 15 minutes is the recommended interval for intraday updates to the SQL database
- Important: Be sure that
Hide extensions for known file typesis not selected. (Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View)
- Important: RPOWER (both foreground and background) MUST be restarted on the file server for an edited datacnx.ini to load.
- Important: The file server MUST be running a background RPOWER for data exports to occur.
RFX.ini supplies RPOWER with file exchange parameters.
and edit or create
RFX.ini to reflect:
[Setup] Server=Filesvr ServerKey=12345678 API=DATACNX,HOST=rpower.dyndns.org:32150,CG=XXXX
Filesvr is replaced by the name or IP address of the system file server (the same value set in datacnx.ini) and
CG reflects the consolidation group previously defined within RPOWER.
- Important: RPOWER (both foreground and background) MUST be restarted on the file server for an edited rfx.ini to load.
Perform First Post
A first post is executed to send infrastructure data to the SQL database. This data includes, among others, site name, sales categories, menu items, profit centers and employees.
Navigate to Manager, System Maintenance and click Execute SQL Exports
Repost date range? prompt, click No
Activity will be noticed as the data is exported.
Database is "First-Post-Locked" prompt, click OK.
"First-Post-Lock" inhibits RPOWER from exporting and transmitting transaction data until a first post acknowledgement is received from the SQL host. This will normally occur immediately after transmission of the first post so manually clearing of the lock is normally not necessary.
- Note: Stores that are part of a multi-unit consolidation group should never have their locks cleared manually.
At this time, RPOWER does not recommend manually clearing the lock for single or multi-unit groups. Changes to the software to be introduced in January of 2015 may change this. Stay tuned...
Access and Site Credentials
All new sites are automatically licensed to post data to the SQL host. For older sites, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for an updated license.
All sites are automatically granted access to the RPOWER Dashboard at no charge.
Dealers should submit an order form requesting Web Reporting for those sites requiring same.
The user credentials will be the same for the dashboard and web reporting.Once a
First Posthas been completed, send an email to email@example.com with the following:
The site name and serial number A first post has been completed Request a user name and password The intended use - Dashboard only, web reports, dashboard and reports, When to Manager, Compeat, etc.
Turnaround is typically immediate but please allow up to 24 hours.
- Note: As of December 8, 2014, credentials may be requested by completeing an
RPOWER Express Order Site Submission Form, available from the secure login section of rpowerpos.com.
Posting Historical Data
Once a site has been configured to post to the SQL host, historical data may also be posted.
- Note: For sites using the free version of the Dashboard, only the last five weeks of data need be exported to the SQL host.
- Important Note: Exporting historical data locks access to the data base during the process, making the system unavailable to any workstation, for any operation, until completed. Historical data exports should only be performed during slow periods, or better yet, when the site is closed.
Manager, System Maintenance, Execute SQL Exports
Repost date range? prompt, click Yes
Through dates and click OK/Begin
- Note Again: It is recommended that the first export only span one week or so, until the operator gets a feel for how long the system will be tied up. The interval may then be expanded appropriately. Note also that the SQL host will never double post a date range, so mistakenly overlapping dates will not cause a problem.